An abundance of food with my quilts, and sometimes a quick and easy recipe!

Photos of breakfast, lunch, and dinner on my quilts. Including photos from my container garden. Sometimes, I will post a quick and easy recipe. This is my "just for fun" BLOG ! I see so many things that inspire my quilting!

Friday, November 4, 2011

The Colors in My Kitchen



A cool coffee mug with no markings on the bottom.  I paid less than a dollar for it.  Looks like a quilt to me!



 I only have two dinner plates, but that's ok it's just the two of us. I have some good old correlle dishes for everyday.


The silverware is Oneida and Shelly is the pattern. I got it as a wedding gift in 1979.  I only have 6 place settings and a few serving pieces.
Nice big serving plate. Paid one dollar for it.
The dessert plate is my favorite find.  I love placing a couple cookies on it!




One soup bowl and small plate. I love the colorful design.





 All of the dishes are thrift store finds, except the Corningware casserole. I purchased the casserole dish in 1979 and still use a quite often. It is the perfect size for green bean casserole.



  Just a cute little soup mug.


 A friend painted on an old pitcher and old glasses for me a couple years ago.  Love how she made it into a quilt.





The table topper quilt was created using "up cycled" denim from a beaded denim shirt. 
Enjoy your day!


Marcia

Linked with:
Thrifty Groove's Once a Month -Tablescape Party Nov. 5, 2011
Sew Happy Geek's Manic Monday - Nov. 7, 2011
Homemaker in Heels: Weekend Craft Soiree and Blog Hop #26 - Nov. 4, 2011
Coastal Charm: Nifty Thrifty Tuesday - Nov. 8, 2011


4 comments:

  1. What a cute table! I love all the bright and cheerful colors. It does remind me of a quilt! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything does feel like a quilt! Love the pretty and fun colors on this table! Job well done! Thank you for sharing this colorful tablescape with us for TT and have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your finds and how you love seeing quilts in everything that comes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marcia, everything looks so colourful and so pretty. I can understand that you have such a great love for quilts. Thanks you so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments! Thanks!