An abundance of food with my quilts, and sometimes a quick and easy recipe!

Photos of breakfast, lunch, and dinner on my quilts. Including photos from my container garden. Sometimes, I will post a quick and easy recipe. This is my "just for fun" BLOG ! I see so many things that inspire my quilting!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

I think I will keep my Day Job!

I have been practicing decorating cookies!



I didn't let the cookies cool enough, before I frosted them, so the frosting wasn't smooth on the edges!


I couldn't figure out how to write letters -- backtracked and then the R looks funny.


The RR stands for River Rats.  We are going to a River Rats Party and I wanted to take frosted cookies.
  
I tired to make water waves for the River and I tried to make a little house to represent a camper.  Yikes!  I am not going to quit my day job. 

I just couldn't get the hang of the gel frosting. I will keep trying.


They may not be perfectly frosted, but they sure do taste good!

YES -- the plate of cookies does look like a quilt to me!

Enjoy your day!

Marcia

Shared at the Minutes for Me Linky Party !


1 comment:

  1. Writing on cakes and cookies takes a huge amount of practice just like your awesome designs you quilt onto quilts. But, even a bad (or wavy etc) writing job on a cookie doesn't affect the taste of that cookie so I'm sure everyone will love your treats. ;)

    Sometimes the gel in those tubes can be very hard to do. If you try it again use your buttercream frosting but take out a small amount of that frosting and put it into a small bowl and stir in corn syrup. It takes practice to know how much you need to add but when you get that perfect amount stirred in, you'll "see" it as you are stirring. The corn syrup will help the frosting stretch (for lack of a better word) as you are forming each letter. It's sadly one of those things that needs to be shown so it's hard to describe. I'm sure if I went to the Wilton website they have the recipe for what you need to make the perfect consistency you need to write with frosting. They have a really good instructonal area on their site.

    I'm sure everyone loved your cookies though. You didn't do that bad if that was your first try Marcia.

    ReplyDelete

Love to read your comments! Thanks!